True that none of the businesses today is merely ‘one-man show’. Instead a highly collaborative and indulgent team is a must-have if you want to stand out from the crowd. Companies are striving for providing clients with efficient, effective and also affordable products and services. This only happens when a dynamic, energetic and highly effective team works on it; be it from manufacturing to packaging and delivery or marketing to sales.
Why is Teamwork So Imperative?
Few Years back people talk about individuals- the leaders who came up with great things through their intelligence plus charismatic and inspirational personalities and led greatly all others around them. But today, the focus has shifted greatly from individual intelligence to team intelligence. Everyone wants to know how an individual contributes to great teams for outclass results. This eventually makes people think about the ways to create a promoting and encouraging an environment that will turn employees into great teammates.
Teamwork is the most novel form of work that is considered as an integral part of ‘overall organizational strategy’ today. It is actually based on type and nature of the profession coupled with size of the organization. Usually it’s the demand of large conglomerates encountering different working domains. Almost every valuable decision in upright organizations is made by teams of smart people.
How Teamwork Leads to Efficiency?
Yes, it’s a fact that technology has made our life quite easy to go but still nothing can replace the human power. Because tech gadgets don’t have brains to think and ultimately it’s all human efforts behind technology evolution. Technology can be used to enable and promote collaboration among people working as a team. But to build a great team, it takes more than technology. There is remarkable difference in individual intelligence and team intelligence.
Efficiency is resultant of high performance work in any organization. When people of different, regions, psyche, genders etc., work together in a healthy environment then outcomes are great. Characteristics of a great team factually define how efficient it is in coming up with desired results. Let’s probe into some of the most significant ones.
- Active contributions from all team members while brainstorming for decision of consequence.
- All members are skilled enough to discern other teammate’s emotional state. This will help in creating the scenario where individual contributions are respected and appreciated.
- Disagreements are discussed openly without any resentment or polarizing the membership.
- Teams can work more easily to meet tight deadlines as speed becomes faster because tasks are divided among team members. But an individual may take double of the time if working on the same task.
- Teamwork helps in generating the high quality outcomes to make productive use of resources by giving richer ideas.
- Mutual support helps in encouraging team members for quality performance and confidence in achieving the goal.
- Teamwork’s social aspect offers superior working experience for all team members by helping them in adapting to cultural diversity gladly and responsively.
Teamwork provides prodigious sense of accomplishment. You can say higher efficiency, faster speed, more thoughtful ideas and greater effectiveness of decisions happens only when people coordinate their efforts through teamwork.
Good team at workplace can commendably turn up in solutions and approaches that an individual may not be able to even identify. Overall effectiveness of a team is must to enjoy remarkable efficiency at work.