If you want to get your resume noticed this is the key!
Content of an effective cover letter:
- Highlight 3 specific expertise relevant to the job
- explain how you can add value to the company with your skills
- include your contact details
- focus on the companies requirements
- opening paragraph tells the employer who you are and what you want
- The second paragraph outlines what you have to offer ,relevant experience and skills
- The third is why you would be of value
- The final paragraph states when you are available for an interview.
- Customize your CL for each job you are applying for
- Be concise
- Check grammar and spelling
- Always write to a named individual
Effective resumes help to get you shortlisted
- your resume begins with personal details and short career qualifications summary
- The length of the resume should be 2 or 3 pages
- Reflecting skills. experience and achievements
- Customize your resume to the requirements of the job
- Put the most important points first
- Get professional resume writer to review your resume
- Refine your resume until its right
- Your resume should be printed ,well designed and properly formatted
- make sure your resume is clear and visually attractive
- Title your resume with your preferred name
- Update your resume regularly
- list every training course
- Indicate race, age ,gender
- Include present salary details
- include all your work experience
- Give references
Preparing for the job interview
It is essential to fully prepare for the job interview. Make sure you do the following!
Find out the details of the interview structure such as who will be interviewing and how long the interview will go for.
If you need more information about the organization or position ask first.
Practice interview questions using stars (Situation, Task, Action, and Summary)
Know all your achievements stated on the Resume and be prepared to elaborate.
Do your homework on the organization, know specific facts. Its history, mission, markets, competitors, product and services.
Review the job description, the ad and the core competencies.
Make sure you arrive on time, dress professionally, shake hands firmly and greet the interviewer by thanking them for the opportunity.
Sit upright smiling with good eye contact and look attentive and interested.
Be a good listener and talker and market yourself in every way possible.