At Skilled Migrant Professionals of Australia, our career development consultants work in partnership with you to help you achieve your career goals, big or small. We assist you to clarify life, learning and work objectives and to create practical action plans that get results.
Our skilled and friendly career development consultants can provide specialist services to meet the needs of a diverse range of job seekers at all levels of their careers.
We provide expert guidance on all career-related matters:
Career beginnings: Embarking on your career?
• Decide what you want to do
• Identify your unique skills and expertise
• Create a professional resume
• Address selection criteria
• Put your best foot forward in the interview
Changing Direction: Want to make a change
• Gain clarity about who you are, what you want and don’t want in a job
• Make informed decisions about what is right for you
• Evaluate the pros and cons of your options
• Build confidence to make the change
• Create an action plan with steps you feel comfortable with.
Winning THAT job: Spotted your dream job?
• Prepare a winning application and resume
• Gain a competitive edge
• Create the right impression- shoe you are the best person for the job
• Prepare for interview questions
• Perform at your best on interview day
How many appointments will I need?
During the first appointment, your career development consultant will talk with you about your goals and will discuss the likely number of appointments needed to achieve them. Most clients have 5-10 appointments, although some have fewer, and others have more.
What gets covered in the appointments?
Depending on your goals, you and your career development consultant could work on one or more of the following areas:
• Creating a wining resume
• Responding to selection criteria
• Mastering the interview
• Identify your unique skills, strengths and experiences
• Clarifying your needs, values and interests
• Accessing the hidden job market
• Exploring study and employment options
• Developing an action plan with manageable steps
• Building confidence to implement your action plan
• Learning which jobs have strong future prospects
• Creating the lifestyle you want
Where to from here?
To discuss your career development needs or to make an appointment, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +61 (0) 430209803