Healthy food contains numerous naturally occurring substances that keep human body under protection. If any of these substances start to deplete then you can take nutrition supplements prescribed by your doctor. These recommended supplements help you in improving your health and supporting energy levels for daily enriched performance. There is no shortage, and nutrition supplements are available in market extensively (capsules, powders, pills and gels etc.). Costs may vary from affordable to outrageously expensive.
People take supplements usually because they need to meet certain deficiencies in their bodies. Most commonly observed deficiencies are that of vitamins, calcium and iron. Though very much popular in today’s society, supplements cannot substitute a healthy diet. If you are on good diet then you need not to take them.
When to take Supplements?
Different supplements mean changed specifications and hence dissimilar effects. This is why it’s always a good suggestion to consult your doctor first. Maybe the observed symptoms are of some other medical problem. It is a mistake to consider them because of vitamin or any other mineral deficiency in your body. Just give a thought if it’s true then what? You may have to face serious health problems consequently.
Prior to deciding to take nutrition supplements, ask yourself:
Many companies claim that their supplements come up with fantastic results. It can be true to some extent but what if your body doesn’t need any extra synthetic dose of nutrients.
Take into account the below listed queries before adding any supplement to your daily routine.
- Do I really need nutrition supplements?
- Should I consult my doctor first?
- Is the supplement really safe?
- What type of side effects could it have?
- Is the supplement affordable for me?
- Is it potentially reactive to any other medicine or food I take? And much more…
If any of these questions create confusion in your mind, don’t even think about taking supplements at your own.
Supplements could be threat to your life:
In some cases, nutrition supplements or fortified food may be beneficial to provide the nutrients that may otherwise be less included in your daily diet. However, be alert as many factors can lead to severe side effects if you take supplements without doctor’s approval.
- If your body is already containing sufficient amount of nutrients and other natural substances then extra supplements can be dangerous for you.
- If you are diabetic or heart patient or having some other medical problem, again taking supplements can have negative impact on your health
- Even if you are healthy and you have no medical issue, still excess of supplements isn’t good. It may result in killing the natural body substances.
Taking nutritional supplements doesn’t make up for unhealthy diet. So you must have to have pretty good diet plan first and then if you need additional nutrients, no one will stop you. But then again check with your physician and let him decide if you need supplements.
Generally, through diet adjustment plans you can defeat any lack of vitamins or minerals in your body.
Eat Healthy And Don’t Play With Your Life!